Question
Posted by: Tlcbear | 2010/01/15

BPD

Hi there Doc,

been a while since I checked what was happening on the site. I am in the final three weeks before a BPD op with switch. If that makes sense. I just wanted to hear if anyone here has had the op?

I am seeing my surgeon and the other doctors involved but just wanted to check what other people say that has had the op.

Thank you.

Dear TLCBear
Are you going to have a bilio pancreatic diversion op? If so, I will hold thumbs that the operation is a great success. I trust that you have also consulted a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area)to help you with the correct pre-, recovery and post-operative diets??? If NOT, then please do so before you have the op because careful observance of certain dietary rules and the use of supplements is absolutely essential when you have this type of op to ensure that you do not develop deficiencies and abdominal problems.
I hope other Readers will give you some feedback.
Wishing you all the best

2
Posted by: TLCBear | 2010/01/19

Morning Doc,

Yes going for the Billio... (BPD) in short. I have been with a dietician for the last 6 months have lost weight but still lots more to loose. The centre of excellence i am going through is making sure that all aspects is covered.

I have been told about the supplements. I think we will descuss the rest of the eating plan this week. Thank you for holding thumbs. Op date is the 8 th of Feb.

TLC

Reply to TLCBear

Dear TLCBear
Wishing you all the best