Posted by: anxious | 2009-03-23

I am just a bit puzzled. I was recently away in CT for about 10 days. As we were away longer than expected, I (unortunately) missed 4 days of one of my bp pills. I take Prexim Plus in am and Prexim in even. I went on Fri for my usual blood tests. My bp was 125/80 - down from last month! How can this be if I missed some bp pills?! I am just curious about what did I do/not do that would make it stay at this level? I know, my gp has told me umpteen times bp is a funny thing, unpredictable - one day its fine the next its not! But this just seemed a bit odd!

Dear Anxious
You may have been more relaxed when you were away - stress can cause increased blood pressure! Also your blood pressure pills if taken regularly builds up a blood level that will keep your blood pressure under control for a few days even if you miss some pills occasionally