Question
Posted by: Judith Chirwa | 2010-10-04

BP and Pregnancy

Please may you furnish me with information on how to control my BP Levels during pregnancy. I just lost my baby due to High Blood Pressure.

Is there something I can do before I get pregnant and during pregnancy? I am 39 years old and I really need a baby.

Please Help, Stressed.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Judith,

High Blood Pressure and during pregnancy can be fatal to the unborn baby and Im sure the loss has been very sad for you. It must be very traumatic.

Yes there are many things one can do before you get pregnant and also during pregnancy. The first thing to do is to check the basics are in place:
1- Are you sleeping enough
2- are you eating small healthy meals
3- you should also be exercising daily or at least most days.

Most people can still have raised BP even once they covered these points. My suggestion is that you also learn how to relax. Try yoga, meditation, or even a relaxing hobby like knitting or art can help together with a health coaching program that will dramatically reduce stress related pathology.

I am doing at the Look and Feel Good Expo this weekend as well if you are in Jhb too :)

all the best
Justin

1
Posted by: Stress Reduction Expert | 2010-10-04

Hi Judith,

1- Are you sleeping enough
2- are you eating small healthy meals

all the best
Justin

Reply to Stress Reduction Expert