Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2009-08-27

boyfriend' s friend drama

Dear Cs

i have a problem,ive been involved with this guy for 3years,for 2 of those years he has had friends but people that he has met in his adult life,recently(well this year)his child hood friends resurfaced and now live in the same city with us,my boyfriend and i live together with his 2 kids,now my problem is these guys are his child hood friends and while they were growing up my boyfriend tells me that they would cheat on their girlfriends because they never realy cared and their lives were all about each other (him and this childhood friend)and they would do bad things and did not treat the women in their lives then with respect,doc the problem is now that this friend has resurfaced he wants to have controll over my boyfriend and tell him what to do,he basically wants them to live the life that they they were in their 20' s,my boyfriend tells me he' s moved on and does not want that life any more,his friend disrespects me and does not see me,what should i do,im clear about what my boyfriend wants(which is me in his life)but his friend keeps pushing and is always trying to convince my boyfriend othrwise,how do i deal with him,should i set ground rules,my boyfriend and i respect each other hence we talk about the subject,what do i do,how do i tackle this one?

I responded the other time you posted this question

1
Posted by: Jane | 2009-08-28

If your boyfriend feels that he has moved on from his childhool friends, then he should stop answering their calls, and not call them, Very soon they will get the message that he doesnt want to stay in contact anymore.

You seem to have a very mature boyfriend/relationship, so talk with him about this, see what he suggests. If his friends disrepect you infront if your bf, he should step in and tell them to get lost!

Reply to Jane