Posted by: Worried | 2009-06-02

Boyfriend Coughing All the time

Hi there,

im a little bit worried. My boyfriend has been a smoker for about 7 years now and he recently started to get a very bad cough. a bad cough with lots of phlegm and at night he snores so bad its almost like he is wheezing - its really bad. Should he go to the doctor or is there something he can take? iv tried to get him to quit smoking but he seems to think that you " can smoke for 10 years before it affects your body in a bad way"  i dont know where he got that crap from.

Please help

thank you

Dear Worried
I think he needs to go to the doctor - he may have a chronic bronchitis that needs antibiotics. Snoring can be bad for him if it is caused by sleep apneoa as it can cause high blood pressure and heart disease. See