Posted by: Angel | 2009-06-15

Boyfriend and sister

Hi All

I been in my relationship for over 8 years and my boyfriend is over protective over his old sister and vice versa. She goes around bad mouthing me to everyone and he will not stand up for me. We live together which makes it worse. I called the relationship quts but am very scared now.

There may be aspects of life where she ( even he ) may need and deserve a degree of protection, but surely not in everything. What happened to make them so mutually protective ? And why should her bad-mouthing you be in any way protective of him ? Where's the benefit to him ? Living together would surely make things more heated --- but what is it that you are scared of, now that you're deciding to end the relationship ?