Question
Posted by: Carly | 2011/08/08

Boyfriend &  his sister

I''''m here for some advice. I really need some, no idea what to do about this.

I HATE my boyfriend''''s sister (and her husband). She''''s the most selfish person I''''ve ever come across in my entire life. She talks about herself all the time, takes no-one in consideration, moans about everything and treats my boyfriend asif he''''s an idiot and that she''''s so much better than him. Then she gossips about everyone all the time - so whenever she talks to me, I don''''t want to say anything because she''''s just going to freaking gossip about me later on.

I''''ve expressed my feelings to my Boyfriend and he always just shruged it off. Recently he suddenly just had this giant fight with me about it. He kind of made it clear that he''''d pick her above me, so if I don''''t cut the s**t, It''''d be over between us.

I''''m not sure how I feel about this. Should I just shut my mouth in the future, and not say anything about her to him? On the other hand, we''''ve been dating for almost 4 years, and if he chooses his sister above me, it''''s a GIANT problem for me. How can I continue as if everything is fine, when I know I''''m clearly not that important to him?

She sounds like a thoroughly unpleasant person. If he is so cowed by her, or for whatever reason, will not deal with her ugliness and bad manners to wards others, then, as apparently they come as a package deal, you may need to reconsider remaining a close friend of his. Could you really shit your moth and pretend to like this harpy for the next 40 years ? Life's to short to choose to remain in contact with horrible people

7
Posted by: OB | 2011/08/08

Hate is a big word !!!!!!! bt u dont have 2 love her?
Keep your mouth shut and just be civil - in laws have been doing this for hundreds of years AND IT WORKS!

Reply to OB
Posted by: Jenni | 2011/08/08

@Carly, you don''t know the half of it....................... :)

Reply to Jenni
Posted by: Anne | 2011/08/08

I cant believe that women in this day and age with all the freedom we have put up with this rubbish. He needs to be kicked under his bum and given his marching orders. If they are in love with their sisters, its their sisters they must marry and live with then. I personally will not be disrespected in this manner and I most certainly can choose not to put up with it.

Reply to Anne
Posted by: Ntombi | 2011/08/08

My boyfriend sister is worse she controls my boyfriend and untill she approves certain things nothing will be done. She goes to as far as sleeping same bed and same blankets with us. She once told my boyfriend that they ( her and my boy ) should not get married they must just buy a house together and take their children and stay together. So my dear my point is you are not going to win this fight stay away from both of them

Reply to Ntombi
Posted by: Carly | 2011/08/08

Thanks for the advice Jenni. Plus, I have to say, your boyfriend''s sister almost sounds worse :) Goodluck!

Reply to Carly
Posted by: Jenni | 2011/08/08

The solution... don''t talk to her. My boyfriends sister is the exact same- a pretty brat who was spoilt rotten, had no respect for my boyfriend and his belongings, or me for that matter. Believe me, you going on about it will cause nothing but issues (my boyfriend and I have had HUGE fights about his family). His mother even went so far as to tell me that I must try harder because it''s his sister- never mind the fact that his sister would use my body sponge to clean the bath after she was done!!!!!!!! So what do you do- leave it and just not talk to her. Your boyfriend will think you''re the bigger person for it.

Reply to Jenni