Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2011/02/09

Boyfriend

Dear CS

recently we went shopping with my boyfriend of 3 years ,he is very commited to me and we dont have any serious problems,but we went shopping and were looking for photo frames,we live together with his two kids ,so we were actualy putting up photos of our family on the wall ,he suggested that we put up a photo of the mother of her KIDs ,i refused ,i dont understand why she should be hung up on our wall,i dont want the duty of explaining who she is when visitors come to the house ,he says that we will be doing it for the kids so that they also have a picture of their mom,i absolutely do not like the idea ,he still does not see a problem with it but we ended up not putting the pictures up because i did not want them,do you think im being unreasonable ?please help

Isn't it possible to hang up a picture of the borth-mother in the children's room, if they want that, along with pictures of the pair of you, and themselves ? That is their own private space, and not open to your own visitors.
In the family lounge where viitors would come, maybe it's not appropriate to have that mother's picture on the wall.
What do other readers think ?

5
Posted by: Hard | 2011/02/10

Quote We ended up not putting the pictures because l did not want them
.......so whats the problem?
He suggested something - you discussed it - it was resolved to your satisfaction. Move on.

Reply to Hard
Posted by: Lolo | 2011/02/10

Put a frame/pic in the kids Bedroom.

Reply to Lolo
Posted by: Lisa | 2011/02/09

Thanks for the input ,yes she still is around she actualy lives in cape town and we are up in Joburg,and i think i will buy them a photo album,but my boyfriend still insists on the pictures ,i just dont want to feel uncomfortable in my own home,Thanks CS

Reply to Lisa
Posted by: Liane | 2011/02/09

Is she still around? If yes then No you are not being unreasonable, its your home too, buy them a photo album...

Reply to Liane

What do other readers think ?