Question
Posted by: Snoopy | 2011/01/31

Boyd Fat % for Woman

Hi Doc,

what is a good body fat % for a woman ? i am 1.65m tall, 37 years old and my body fat is 22%. it says this is in the " fit"  range - is that good ? how difficult would it be to be 20%

thank you.

Dear Snoopy
According to Prof Tim Noakes, in his book 'Lore of Running', normal women who are not elite athletes have a body fat% of 24. Elite female athletes have an average body fat% of 10,0%. So you must be fit if your body fat% is already down to 22%. You did not provide me with your present body weight in kg, so I can't calculate your BMI to see if losing even more weight or exercising even harder will possibly reduce your body fat%, but harm your health.

2
Posted by: Honey | 2011/03/14

40 yr old female. Weight 73, 164cm. What is a healthy BMI &  what should my Body Fat % be. Thanks

Reply to Honey

Dear Snoopy