Question
Posted by: Eileen | 2009/10/14

Boy this time round

Hi!I We are trying for a baby boy. What can we do to increase our chances of getting a baby boy. We already have a lovely 2yr old girl. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Dear Eileen

Unfortunately there is no way that I can help you in telling you how to increase your chances of getting a baby boy naturally. Each individual has a 50% chance of either getting a boy or a girl. If however assisted reproductive technology is used then there may be a slight increase in achieving either a male or female depending on sperm selection procedures. However the only definitive way of achieving male or female pregnancies is by he use of PGD in determining sex before the embryo is transferred in an IVF cycle however there are many ethical issues surrounding doing IVF only for sex selection.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009/10/21

Dear Eileen

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert