Posted by: SC | 2011-05-23

I just want to find out, my little bou 30 months old is suffering from Paraphimosis, his foreskin is ballooning and I had taken him to the ped and doctor, the pediatrisian adviced me to check if it will go away and wait until August(THIS IS HAPPENING NOW FOR THE LAST THREE MONTHS) and my docter advice me to go to a urologist to get him circumsized, the only problem is that our urologist is overseas and can only see my son on the 24 of June. Am I making the matter worse for my son to wait until our urologist is back?
Than you

No, you are not making the situation worse and I also suggest that he is circumcised. This will be the end to all your problems.

Posted by: NOCIRC | 2011-05-25

Infections are not treated by amputation, they are treated with anti-biotics!

Educate yourself and protect your son. The foreskin is not a useless piece of skin, it is an important part of his penis and contributes significantly to the proper sensory and mechanical functioning of the penis.

Reply to NOCIRC
Posted by: WJA | 2011-05-24

Ballooning and paraphymosis are not related or even similar conditions. Ballooning occurs when the foreskin starts to separate from the glans and urine is trapped in this new section before being released. No harm is being caused to your son, unlike amputating his foreskin which will have a life long impact on the proper functioning of the penis. Simply leave things be, this situation should resolve itself over time.

Reply to WJA