Question
Posted by: SC | 2011/06/13

Boy cant sit still when flying

I just need some advice my son is almost 3 years old, he is not Add or something, he just cant SIT still for longer than 10 minutes, the last time our flight from Cape Town was a horror, he did not want to sit down, he threw up ect ect, now next week I am flying alone with my two kids, and I am terrified on how I will be able to handle him, by the way all painkillers en meds makes him hyperactive and not drowsy, so 5ml stopayne wont do the job. Do you have any advice for me please?

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

Very few three year olds can sit still for longer than 10 minutes. What you really need is a distraction for him in the form of games and toys.
Try talking to him, ask him questions and keep him thinking. Flying is exciting for little boys - it is more than they can handle at the best of times, so keep him busy. It wouldn't hurt to give him a couple of drops of Rescue Remedy every hour for 2 hours prior to the flight and during the flight as well. Make sure he doesn't have any sugar or caffeine (sweets, chocolate, cooldrinks etc) for at least 24 hours prior to flying. This should certainly work for you!

1
Posted by: Behaviour modification | 2011/06/13

Reply to Behaviour modification