Posted by: Susan | 2009-05-12

Boxing Classes

Good afternoon, I' m trying to locate a boxing club in Bloemfontein where myself and my husband can learn the fundamentals of boxing? What size punching bag would you recommend and would mitts or boxing gloves be best?

Expert ImageSelf defence expert

HI Susan,

Please contact Aileen for classes in Bloemfontein at:
Cell 083 226 1576

If you are working against a punching bag then proper punching mitts would be better than gloves. If you are sparring or working against a partner then a gloves would be better. You get various bag sizes that perform various functions in your training. Usually a medium size bag is more versatile for all round training i.e. one which is not too heavy or too light when you punch it. Ultimately the best would be to get various sizes and shapes i.e. uppercut bag to vary your training. Light bags work your speed and heavy bags your strength.

Posted by: Lebohang | 2014-08-16

I would like to join a boxing club in bloemfontein so any one who knows were to find one plz assist.. 0780368507

Reply to Lebohang
Posted by: Lungi Mchunu | 2009-06-01

I' m trying to locate a boxing gym/classes near the Johannesburg CBD. I' ve googled it but clubs listed are in other provinces or Pretoria.

Hope you' ll be able to assist me.

Reply to Lungi Mchunu