Question
Posted by: WORRIED | 2010-03-24

BOWENS

Morning

My husband has had a wart like something on his hand for about five months. The doctor gave him some bactroban, but it did not clear. The dermotologist has diagnosed Bowens, which to my knowledge is the start of skin cancer. He is 61 years old , but in good health. They are going to burn it with nitrogen next month.

I am just worried, as the sound of cancer in any form is scary.
Please can you give me some more info about this, or a website I can go to read about it. My biggest fear is that it will spread.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Worried, thank you for the question.

Bowen’s disease is a skin cancer that is slow in progression and one of the possible treatments is to use liquid nitrogen or cryotherapy. If the dermatologist has performed a biopsy you or your husband do not have to worry about the cancer spreading or that it will only be treated in a months time due to its slow progression and inability to spread through the body.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010-03-26

Hi Worried, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert