Question
Posted by: tee | 2012-08-17

bowels

Hi doc,

I''ve been having loose bowels lately. It''s been flaky lately. Also, if I go half a day without eating, the first meal I eat, no matter what is it, ususlly gives me explosive diarrhea. I very seldom have solid stool. It''s so bad that I think I have to run to the restroom when really I just have to pass gas. I don''t have anal sex , or sex at all for that matter, what could it be?

Thanks in,advance

Tee

You will have to consult your doctor for an examination, blood tests and stool analysis. It is possible that you are suffering from a metabolic disorder, like an overactive thyroid or an overactive adrenal gland. Other possibilities include colon infection or inflammation of the colon, as seen in ulcerative colitis. It is very important to have your symptoms investigated.