Posted by: Sally D | 2010-01-10

Bowel movements

Please help with advice. I have noticed that every time I drink fresh juice or eat any form of fruit i need to go within a few minutes. I get severe cramps and just have to run. The stools are very loose.

I am 52 years old now and never had such a problem before. It started about a year ago and is getting worse. I tend to pass allot of wind aswell. Is this all part of the ageing or something else.

Please advice.

Sally D

It is possible that you have a gastric ulcer causing irritation and your symptoms. I suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy (colonoscopy is good bence mark for the screening of colon cancer). Do not brush this off to ageing but rather consult a doctor.

Posted by: Sally D | 2010-01-10

Thanks for prompt response. Will consult my GP asap.

Reply to Sally D