Question
Posted by: Sick | 2009-07-20

bowel movement

I have a HUGE problem, i have no proper bowel movement. I am always contipated, i eat very healthy and eat wholewheat products to try and help me but i' m STILL contipate. Now i have piles and i' m even more terrified to do number 2. I have to drink laxatives every week...please please help me

Dear Sick
Try using Laxette or Lactulose 10-15 ml at night - it is not a laxative but pulls water into the bowel and keeps stool soft. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Constipation can be caused by stress or certain medications. Try Proctocedyl for the piles.