Question
Posted by: skank | 2010-03-24

bowel concern

Hi Doctor,
Please advise me. I regularly get constipated.
For the last month now, I keep getting pimples/lump/boils on my bum.
My stools have gotten harder to pass. It’ s never easy to go to the loo. I have to wriggle etc.
I have tried to eat a lot of fibre and drink lots of water. But to no avail.

I’ ve had one major stomach cramp last month that made me very sick.
I got lightheaded, dizzy, all hot and sweaty. My vision went blur. It was scary.
Since that cramp, I’ ve had 2mildly painful cramps stomach cramps on my left side.

Do I need to go for a colonoscopy?

Skank

I strongly suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for a colonoscopy. In the interim you can use Softlax, two tablets at night, as well as 20 ml of Laxette syrup, twice daily for at least 14 days. This should soften your stools and relieve the pain.