Posted by: Rod | 2009-06-08

I very much fancy the Bouvier but know very little about them. I would like 2 know if they r good watch dogs + if they r good with children + if they make good family / house dogs. Could somebody please give some info.

Dear Rod

Same reply as Carol here.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-09

Bouviers are wonderful dogs - they are used as police dogs in some parts of Europe.

But don' t make any mistake - they need experienced handling. If you aren' t prepared to train them and provide for their high energy needs, rather stick with something easier.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: steph | 2009-06-09

dear rod....bouviers need LOADS of exercise and stimulation otherwise they can become destructive and depressed. ideally these are working dogs. if you live in JHB there is a group of Beagle owners that get together from time to time and simulate a hunt...this is a great outlet for the dogs and gives them some " work"  to do. as bouviers are traditionally herders this may be a good option for you. if you' d like the info for the group just let me know

Reply to steph
Posted by: Carol | 2009-06-09

Do a google search ...there is plenty of info on the net .

Reply to Carol