Question
Posted by: raffie | 2009-06-09

botox and trainining

i do a lot of training(running) and perspire from the head. cheeks and neck sagged.will botox help?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Raffie, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response, but I have just returned from my London clinic.

This is a difficult question to answer as one would need to examine the areas first to advise you on the best treatment options. Botox will not help for the sagging of the cheek area and one may have to consider fillers. If someone trains a lot then the NASHA fillers (Juvederm and Restylane) may not be appropriate as they could be burned by the body and one may need to consider synthetic fillers (Evolance or Radiesse). Some of the skin tightening technologies such as laser (Fraxel or Ultrapulse FX) or Refirm, Thermage, or Titan may benefit loose skin in the neck area but the maximum improvement that can be achieved is around 30%.