Question
Posted by: BOTOX AND FILLERS HOW SAFE | 2010/08/12

BOTOX AND FILLERS HOW SAFE

I am 37 years old. got constant frown between my eyes? i have heard after few botox injections, the muscle can be not so noticeable? also i have like loose skin on my cheeks around my mouth area. where the skin is stretched after ageing? what can i apply or do about this?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi ‘BOTOX AND FILLERS HOW SAFE’, thank you for the question.

The frown lines/area (between the eyebrows) tend to respond well to Botox treatments when applied correctly. With repeated use (over time) even deep lines tend to soften and even disappear as the skin heals itself (more collagen and elastin is produced). Occasionally some patients require a dermal filler as well to further the improvement especially when the frown line is deep.

The second half of your question is difficult to answer over the net as one would need to examine the areas of concern before deciding on the best treatment options. Generally speaking one can consider the following:

A topical route: NeoStrata High Potency Cream, Bionic Face Cream, Glycolic acid peels or deeper 20% TCA peels

Dermal fillers: particularly useful when volume loss has taken place as the fillers will provide support to the lax skin

Technology: fractional skin resurfacing (Fraxel, Matrix RF, Starlux, Ultrapulse FX, etc.)

Surgery: Face lift or neck lift

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/08/14

Surgery: Face lift or neck lift

Reply to anti-ageing expert