Question
Posted by: Shana | 2010/04/08

Botox &  Lazer treatments

Hi, what is a normal age to do botox? I am 29 and can see some lines around my eyes. Will it have a negative effect if I start at this age? Another question... Is there a lazer treatment that can remove stretch marks caused from pregnancy?
And how effective is lazer hair removal really?

Hope you can help me...

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Shana, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response but I have just been attending the world anti-ageing congress in Monte Carlo.

We generally recommend that one starts considering the use of Botox between 25 and 30 years of age depending on the degree of sun damage. This is a perfect age to use Botox as a preventative and true anti-ageing treatment (studies have shown with long term use that skin thickness increases due to an increase in collagen and elastin in the area treated).

To date there have been no side effects reported with long term use (more than 20 years). Fractional ablative lasers have shown to be effective in reducing the appearance of stretch marks (striae) and I would also consider the use of topical alphahydroxy acids combined with a product called scar science.

Laser hair reduction is extremely effective if the correct machine is used (not all technology is the same) and the operator chooses the correct settings.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/04/14

Reply to anti-ageing expert