Question
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2011/10/22

Botox

I have to go to an important " do"  on the 29th October and would really like to know that if I should have Botox done to get rid of my many wrinkles, if it is too late if I have it done next Monday. My fear is that I will swell up or something goes wrong. I am 72. Vanity thy name is Woman. Could you allay my fears please and tell me what to expect?

Thank you.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Cat Lady, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would like to ideally examine the areas of concern and from there one can advise on the best treatment options and what results one can expect by the 29th October.
Generally speaking if you have not had any ‘cosmetic’ treatments in the past then one treatment of Botox will not completely eradicate the ‘many wrinkles’. Results are dependent on the age of the skin and the condition of the skin but one can expect an overall general improvement (if done correctly) in the appearance of the areas treated. One will look more relaxed and at ‘peace’ with a lifting effect of the brow area. Furthermore we tend to start losing volume (fat) in our faces from around 40 years of age and the best approach to correct this would be to use fillers.
Following from the above my advice would be to think carefully about Botox and dermal filler injections just before the ‘big do’ for the following reasons:
Bruising is a potential side effect which may be noticeable an difficult to hide with makeup
If done incorrectly may lead to a ptosis (drop) of the brow or eyelid which will reverse but not by the 29th
Botox effects are only seen (as it varies between person to person) after 5 to 10 days (around 80% of the effect) and full effects can be seen after 4 weeks
I hope the above has helped

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/10/23

I hope the above has helped

Reply to anti-ageing expert