Question
Posted by: Ninja2 | 2010/12/08

Botox

I had botox. 2 weeks ago I have a stiff sore neck and headaches could this be a side effect and if so what should I do about it.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Ninja 2, thank you for the question.

Headaches after the use of Botox has been reported but typically is mild and transient and should last between 2 (typically) to 10 (rare) days. They subside by themselves but may need Paracetamol or a Stopayne equivalent. I have not seen any studies linking a stiff or sore neck with Botox but this may be dependent on where you were injected.

considering that the headache and stiff neck has lasted for 2 weeks my advice would be to consult the doctor that administered the Botox so that he or she can examine you thoroughly and if necessary refer you to a specialist to exclude other causes as the onset of the discomfort you are experiencing may be coincidental.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/12/11

Hi Ninja 2, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert