I am 27 years old and i have lines under my eyes. i am very impatient with eye creams as they take quite a time to show results. Am i to young to start with botox and if i do start with botox - is it something i must continue for the rest of my life? Another concern is that once the botox has lost its affect - will the wrinkles come back worse? Would you recommend botox and how many units would i need?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question.

The recommended age to start with Botox is late twenties to early thirties but this is dependent on the degree of sun damage and personal choice. Botox is a great tool to prevent wrinkles from forming so one should start before they appear to get the best long term results. The lines that appear below the lower eye lid are generally difficult to treat and one may need to consider combination treatments – depending on the severity of the lines. Botox, fillers, and laser are the options one can consider. Unfortunately you will need to keep up with Botox, and no if you stop the wrinkles will not come back worse. Lower eyelid treatments require between 1 to 3 units per side.

Botox has been in the papers a lot lately with a lot of negative reports, is it safe to use? are the competitors better/safer?