Question
Posted by: WN | 2010/09/20

botched C section

Hi Gynaedoc

I have 3 children and all of them were delivered by c-section.

8 months ago i had my son, when i was on the op table i heard the gynae say that he''d never seen anything like it before (he took 20 min extra to ''get in'') and he wanted to know who did my last c-section because my womb/uterus was attched (stitched) to my stomach. I live in durban and delivered my second child in JHB. What rights do i have if any? I had a lot of pain during my last pregnancy (admitted twice into hospital) and this was likely due to the fact that it was pulling on my stomach?? Please could you give me some info? Thank you!

After every operation, some adhesions are formed and it is not uncommon at the third caesarean to find lots of adhesions. This is not due to the surgeon but a natural consequence of repeated surgery in the same area. There would not be any case to be made.

1