Posted by: Maine | 2009-02-19

Boss told a lie about me

On Tuesday morning, my office manager came into my office and asked if I had complained to our boss about his working hours. I told him I hadnt and asked why he thought I had. He told me that our boss told him on Monday evening just before he was leaving that the staff had been complaining about the hours he worked, when the manager asked who exactly had complained, the boss said that it was me.

When I confronted the boss yesterday he said that he had to use someone' s name because the manager' s work isnt what it used to be.

I told him that he is never to use my name wrongfully again because I take great offence to that. He said that he didnt realise that I would take offence and then gave a half hearted apology.

What can I do about this? It' s just wrong that he can use my name wrongfully to another member of staff.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You can certainly raise an internal grievance about the wrong doing.