Posted by: NNA | 2008-11-25

Boss threatens staff

Our department is 95% Africans headed by a white director who is two years with the company, who is forever threating to fire staff,of which since he came he has been doing just that and keeps tellings us he has a termination letters ready that only needs dates and to be signed. He calls the staff kitchen girls and he will teach us a lesson and. He is just a bad person that half the time the staff is wishing him bad we have reported him to his superiors but nothing is done nor said actauly he will come back to tell us he aint going nowhere.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It is important to raise a grievance and if necessary one can approach the equality court for raciest type behaviour.

Posted by: A Coin Has 2 Sides | 2008-11-26

Dear NNA

I don' t really know your situation, but the best thing would be, to try and be as productive as possible, and not to carry a negative vibe. Your boss can pick this up very quickly. If you show him that you really want to work (because work is not easy to come by), I' m sure that he will see that, and not be like that with you. I' m also sure, that if you really look at the big picture ... see that the boss has a duty towards the company, and towards each staff member to keep the business going, you will understand why he is like that, maybe. Do yourself a favour, and maybe look at what your co-workers is doing to upset him. They might be procrastinating, wasting time, not doing their work, badmouthing management, wasting the company' s resourses, stealling etc. I' m not saying that this is the case, because each case is different, but usually there is two sides to a coin. Stop looking to your boss as a white man, and work together with him, to help the company fulfill it' s duty.

Reply to A Coin Has 2 Sides