Posted by: anon1133 | 2009-01-19

Boss Problems

Hi All

This is a bit of a complicated story, my bosses son (21 yrs) moved out the house about 3 months ago. My boss(who became a friend) is a very rude (shouts and screams) person, Not quiet sure of why he moved out i have heard two different stories. Anyway, my boss begged me please to take his son into my house to get him away from the friend which i did, he has been living with me and my other half now for 3 months. Now every oppurtunity my boss gets he is rude and shouts at me. He has even spread rumours about me. I cant cope with this mentally anymore. any suggestions??

I tend to agree with get real. It was outrageous for your boss to impose on you by expecting you to house his son even for a couple of weeks. Its high time the boy moved opn and found his own place. And yes, keep notes of your boss's bad behaviour, as you may need this, as taking him to court is a real possibility, with the assistance of the Dept of Labour / CCMA, who you could also consult.

Posted by: Anon133 | 2009-01-19

Thanks for the advice.

Reply to Anon133
Posted by: Get real | 2009-01-19

You do not owe your boss anything.(some friend !! ) Get rid of the son out of your house and tell your boss that the free ride is over. Your work and your private life are 2 seperate issues. Just be firm. Start an accurate diary of all events where your boss treats you badly, or unfairly shouting etc. and if possib le have it witnessed. If necessary , if he threatens your job, you can go to the Labour Court to force him to stop his nonsense, you as an employee do not have to be subjected to " Boss Bullying"  I would also start looking for another job, but don' t leave until you have extracted maximum financial benefits from him. Go for it girl !!

Reply to Get real