Question
Posted by: DS | 2008/11/11

Boss from hell, pls help

Guys I need help, I have been working for this bank for 11 months, My boss and I never had a good relationship from the start, Firstly I didn’ t have work to do, so after begging &  fighting for work to do she manage to get work for me to another project which was on phase1 and now I’ m in phase 2 the project is going in live January and now she wants to take over from the project, and her reason is that my work is not up to standard and of which she has never complain before and i have just received compliments from the project team that my work is excellent she is giving me a project that she was working for of which she has done nothing. Please can anyone tell me how to handle this cause it’ s really frustrating me, I’ m going mad.

Sorry to hear about this, DS. Sounds like my banker ! IF you had to ask for work, that was clear evidence of a lousy boss. Now it sounds as though she wants to take over your project because you've done so well she wants to take credit for it. And tactically smart --- if it does well, that'll be because of her genius ; and if it fails even if this is due to her inadequacies, she can blame it on you. If your work wasn't good enough, it was her duty to tell you earlier and clearly, and in writing, and to help you do it better. Now she wants you to take over the project she failed at. IS there some way to have the project team's compliments put on record ?

1
Posted by: DS | 2008/11/11

here is one of the compliment i have received for this project, DS is always willing to help when requested and she does her work with a positive attitude. The work she has done for Project is commendable and she is an excellent team player.

Reply to DS