Posted by: Sunny | 2009-01-12

Boss draging his feet

I retired from my work the end of last yr. We are in the company' s private provident fund. My investment broker is waiting for the boss to sign the release form for my money but he keeps draging his feet. He keeps telling the broker' s secretary that he is still busy with it but will not commit himself to a time or date. He told me the same story. It appears that he is deliberately using delay tactics. He did the same with other members of the staff in the past. I need my money + want to give him an ultimatum. What course of action can I take?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It might be worth asking your investment broker to report the matter to the pension fund Ombudsman, that's the only way you can hurry him up.

Posted by: Boetie | 2009-01-13

Report him to the pension funds ombudsman. He' s playing games when he should have had all your things finalised the day you finished working. Some bosses seem to do this out of spite but the ombudsman will stop him dead in his tracks. Good luck.

Reply to Boetie