Question
Posted by: Coco | 2009-04-20

Boss behaving badly!

Hi Doc and fellow users...

My boss is forever scratching himself (you know where) and de-wedgying himself right in front of everyone in the office. He' s a very nice guy, but this scratching and pulling everytime he stands and talks to you is a bit much. Of course I don' t want to talk to him about it but it' s a bit miff. How else can I go about getting him to stop???

Beats me, if an anonymous message is impracical. Maybe a couple of you could let yourselves be overheard talking about SOMEONE ELSE, someone he doesn't know, who is always scratching and de-wedging, and how embarassing this is for everyone. Its od that his wife doesn't notice or do something about it --- is it at all possibloe for someone to have amquet word with HER about it ?

3
Posted by: Coco | 2009-04-20

Sorry bout the nickname above... Blond moment.

Reply to Coco
Posted by: Liza | 2009-04-20

Hi Liza, thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately there are only 5 people in the office (1 being my boss and 1 being his wife). So it would be a bit uncomfortable...

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Liza | 2009-04-20

I knew someone like that. He owned a college that I attended. Whilst giving pep talks to the class he would also unconsciously scratch. It was rather distracting - and keeping in the giggles taught me better self-control.

This is a very sensitive issue. I' d never confront a person about something like this. Maybe you can type an anonymous letter and leave it on his desk?

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza