Question
Posted by: Nadia | 2008/10/29

Boss

How do I tell my boss that I am sick and tired of driving her around whenever there is something wrong with her car without messing up our working relationship? When I asked her why she does not hire a car this time because the car will be at the panelbeater for quite a while, she said it was too expensive. She does pay for my petrol, but that is not the point. I get to work very early to avoid traffic, and if I have to drive her around, I get stuck in terrible traffic. Why do you have to tell people certain things - can' t they think for themselves sometimes!!! I do not mind on the odd occasion, but really this is too much now!!!

Some people are far too selfish to think about anything except their own convenience. Isn't there someone like an HR person you could discuss this with ? Could you make a plan sometimes when she has car troubles, to have car troubles yourself, and get someone else to drop you at work for a few days, so she HAS to make a different plan ?

1
Posted by: greg | 2008/10/29

Tell her that you are unable to do it as its mileage and extra maintenance will be needed when you take your car for a service. once again, dont entertain it, tell her in a nice way and I bet you, she will be hiring her own damn car! if it destroys the work relationship then you know that working there is not worth it. why put up with such nonsense????

Reply to greg