Question
Posted by: David | 2010-03-11

Borreli Burgdorferi

I had a borrelia ticvk borne infection for a period of 23 years from the age of 23 to the age of 46 before being diagnosed . My antibiotic treatment in SA and the UK lasted four years with Doxycyclines large dosage some times plus 300 milligrams a day and Amoxycillin(last year of treatment) was totally free of pain and have been healthy for a full 8 years. teeth a bit yellowed only side effect from the Doxy I suppose or old age. What are the implications of this treatment other than getting my whole life back which I delight in? i m new 57 and feel like 30 years old having lived out old age several times in the 23 years of the disease..

Expert ImagePharmacist

David, in your case, I'd say that the benefit outweighed the risk of treatment. And I wouldnt worry about long term implications if I were you.

Regarding the teeth discoloration - There are a few dentists in the UK starting with a new Ozone teeth whitening treatment, which have proven to be highly effective for doxy-related discoloration.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010-03-12

Reply to pharmacist