Posted by: Kelly | 2009-05-12

I am so bored at work!
I have work, lots of it but I do not feel like doing it.
I' d rather sit here browsing the net and reading up on things and chatting than doing this work.
I hate my job, I hate the work, I hate the people around here, I hate this place itself.
End of this year will be 5 yrs at this place.
I never always hated it though and I am trying to get out but I can' t be hasty and grab just anything that comes along as there' s lots of things I have to consider and I am also responsible for my 2 siblings, so that makes it a bit difficult.

I sit here all day doing nothing, just passing time...
I have decided to study next year too so I have to save up.
What do I do now? I hate having to wake up and come to this place, it represents all things bad to me and I actually have to drag myself into it.
I have tried to change my perception and tell myself every day. Tomorrow you going to work!
I prepare myself to work the following day and think to myself what I will do first or think about it while I' m on my way to work.When I get here I have other things on my mind and just want to feel better or happy and then I surf the net and find things to amuse myself or read up on things totally not work related.
I hate this!!! and besides that I am going to get into major trouble as my work is standing still.
This has been going on since the beginning of the year.

Any time I hear from someone who has the time to sit around being bored and hating their job, I suspect poor management, and a failure to use your skills properly. Have you discussed this with HR ? There may be other opportunities within the organization, perhaps some opportunities for further training, too. Is this job boring, or monotonous --- or actually BAD --- and if so, what's bad about it ? What changed at the beginning of the year to lead you to change your attitude towards this job ? And can't you volunteer to help with some other tasks or activities, both to make it more interesting, and perhaps discover and demnonstrate some further skills ?

Posted by: Your_Invisible_Friend | 2009-05-18

Dear Kelly

How are you keeping up?

You have not posted in a while.....let me know how things are going with you!

Reply to Your_Invisible_Friend
Posted by: Your_Invisible_Friend | 2009-05-12

Let me start by saying that LIFE IS SHORT and there is ONLY ONE LIFE TO LIVE.....

Meaning, that this is YOUR life to live and YOU should take accountability for your life.

If you are not happy with something, do something about it.
It does not have to be one drastic leap of change, but baby steps toward what you truly want is definitely a start.

Its rather difficult to advise you as I feel we do not know the WHOLE story, only YOU do, we only know as much as you tell us.

So start by writing down your thoughts / feelings / emotions on a piece of paper (current) and on the opposite side writing down what you want (desired). Then try and realistically bridge the gap.

Your H.R. dept is employed at your company to do what is best for the company, so their advise will be bias.

So I ask you to draft your current situation and desired situation on a piece of paper and let us know what you have come up with ways of bridging the gap between the 2.
Deciding to study is a good start, but you have to make it REAL by bringing dates (to enroll, etc) and specifics (where & what you will study) to the table.
Without this, time will just pass by in a blurr.....make each moment count.

Looking forward to your next posting!

Reply to Your_Invisible_Friend