Posted by: Milly | 2009-04-21

Bored with myself

Hi doc
I am not a neg. person but I have become so bored with myself . My whole life is so borring , dont get me wrong , I work long hours but this is it , work work work , husband and kids , this routine is getting so borring.
I am trying to lose weight so I joing a weighloss support group, and also incorporate a gym program but after 2 weeks of realy hard excercise I picked up 2kg , how dissapointing is this ,so I go back to the drawing board again and again , everything I do just seems like I am failing , my weekends are also so predictable , hb comes late on Fri after a couple of beers with collegues whilst I come home to be there for the kids .... Sat. we normally work around the house and that is it , watch tv. I feel so lonely , like I am in a silent movie where you can actualy hear the silence . My hb is not a very supportive person , he will cook supper and help with the washing and I realy do appreciate it but I cant talk to him about my inner feelings , I cant tell him I picked up weight then he will say something like , I cant help you , gym more ?
I am so fed up and irretated with myself

See a counsellor and examine why your eforts to improve things haven't workd SO FAR, and how to render them more sucessful. Explore WHAT actually interests you, what IS interesting to you, and how to include more of that within your life. Some people seem to enoy routine --- like your husband'\s couple of beers on a Friday night --- others of us don't like mroutine at all, and want to ring the changes where possible. SOunds like you need some hobbies and more outside activities, and some personal friends to chat with. Explore clubs, societies, organizations with some of your interests as regards activities, get involved in charities and NGO's to do something worthwhile and meet some good people.

Posted by: C | 2009-04-23

I was exactly where you are now at the end of last year. I had no passion for everything, was not interested in anything and was really depressed. By chance I discovered a sport/art which I found very interesting and I decided to start doing this, despite my age (39). Since January it has become my passion. My husband supports me fully and he is happy to look after the kids two nights a week while I pursue my new " sport/art" . Find a hobby, a sport or something that interests you. You will be amazed at the change in your life.

Reply to C
Posted by: No No No | 2009-04-22

This cannot be allowed to happen, no, no, no !!!! Only children get bored. Adults take a step back and make a real effort for themselves. Its all in the mind, its your best friend but can be your worst ememy too. Control it for your benefit. You can do it, just give it a big try.

Reply to No No No