Question
Posted by: ALR | 2008/08/13

Bored with life

Hi.

Im 22 and absolutely bored to death of life.

I wish i could start my life over and actually enjoy it. I have realised that I have lived my life all wrong and now i dont know what to do.

Im tired of having to deal with all the drama and shit and trouble and issues that life has.
Sometimes i wish i could curl into a ball and disappear...

Any suggestions?

ALR

YOu can start your life over --- there's no need to actually return to the birth canal to do so, though --- work with a practical, CBT-oriented counsellor / psychologist to identify what new directions you want to move in, and how to plan for that. You may be taking an unduly gloomy view of your life so far --- some things went right, and from what went wrong, you can identify how they went wrong, and avoid making the same mistakes in future. Everyone makes mistakes, especially the best of us --- the trick is to learn from them and to adapt. One doesn't have to let oneself get entrapped in dramas.

3
Posted by: QTR | 2008/08/15

To ' Mmmm' , I' m sure it was probably not your intention but your response to ALR makes it seem as if things do not get any better. That if ALR is feeling this way at 22, he/she will feel this way at every age, even well into their fifty' s. At least that' s how it comes across to me.

To ALR, Art is right, it sounds like you are suffering from depression, but only a professional can diagnose that for sure. Go and see someone

Reply to QTR
Posted by: mmmm | 2008/08/14

Can' t say that I felt this way at the age of 22 (life was new and exciting then) but I do feel the same as you do now and I am 50+

Reply to mmmm
Posted by: Art | 2008/08/14

ALR your one of many who feel this way, depression comes in many forms and guises, I would suggest you go see a GP or even some one more professional.
You are the only one who can resolve and change your issues no one else, heard of the 90/10 principal by Stephen Covey, see if you can find it, there are many such articles or principals one can use to restructure ones way of thinking, with the result we change the way see and do things.
You can find many tools in life how you use them to enrich our life is up to you.

Reply to Art