Question

BORED

My boyfriend and i have been dating for 6 years, he is the sweetest man i have ever met. We love each other deeply with plans to marry in the next two years. My first issue is his job doesnt pay much which leaves me contributing more financially. My second issue is that he''s starting to bore me and i only see all the things he doent do. We hardly ever go out or do anything fun / exciting anymore, when i do address the situation he says its because he''s not financially stable. How can i pump some excitement back into the relationship? Or should i just grow up and stop being ungrateful?

YOU are personally responsible for your own entertainment and for not getting bored. There are many advantages to a loving relationship, but it doesn[t exist in order to entertain you. There is very little need for money in order to find ways to entertain yourself or the pair of you.
You're focussing so much on "all the things he doesn't do". have you looked for any of the things maybe YOU are not doing ? Maybe there is a bit of growing up to be done here. Wht should HE provide the money and the fun - what are you doing to put more money and fun into this relationship ?

3
Posted by: ANON | 2012/07/30

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly the wake up call i needed. I admit, i have been selfish, bored with myself and taking it out on him.

Thanks for the sound advice, honesty is the best policy.  )

Reply to ANON

Posted by: Pinky | 2012/07/27

There are lots of exciting things to do that dont cost money or cost very little. If you are bored with your relationship now dont think it will be any better if you are married because it wont. If anything it will be worse!

Yes I think you should grow up and stop relying on other people to bring excitement into your life - you can do it yourself!

Reply to Pinky