Question
Posted by: BPD DESPERATION. | 2008/08/09

BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER TREATMEN

PLEASE HELP WHERE IN SA DO THEY PRACTICE DBT for Borderline personality disorders. (DIALECTOL BEHAVIOUR THERAPY) and what would you suggest for treatment - I AM DESPERATE and child is constantly depressed and suicidal.

A diagnosis of Borderline PD in a child is very unusual, and can only be made by a specialist child psychiatrist or child psychologist --- and if they made such a diagnosis, they would either provide appropriate treatment or refer you to someone who would. From your comments, I'd think the first urgent step would be indeed to ensure that the child was properly assessed by a child shrink, and then to discuss local treatment options.