Posted by: zoe | 2009-07-24

borderline personality disorder

i have been on ciprilex 20mg for about 3 yrs i have become extremely aggro and aggitated. now found out the meds caused this. what would the reason be do you know. please and what can i take to help me

Well, if Borderline Personality Disorder has been properly diagnosed ( it;s not always an easy diagnosis to make ), then though medication can help, also skilled psychotherapy can be very helpful, and maybe some CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) would help you to gain more control over the symptoms. And I wonder what the main symptoms are which have been troublesome for you.
Cipralex is an antidepressant, and could help if you are depressed, but doesn't generally help other symptoms more typical of Borderline Personality Disorder. Some meds can increase one's level of agitation and rritability, including some antidepressants in some people. Presumably you are being treated by a specialist psychiatrist, as this diagnosis is beyond the capabilities of a GP. If not, do arrange to see a psychiatrist soon, for a full reviw of the situation and the best opions for helping. And if you are seeing one for these 3 years, maybe seeing a different shrink for a second opinion would be wise.