Posted by: vj | 2008-12-09

borderline personality disorder

My husband always threatens me that he' s gonna commit suicide or that he will kill me and my children then himself. Do you think that it' s only a threat or can he be subconciously serious about this? I' m begining to think that it may not stay a threat and that he could act on his bouts of anger and KILL US ALL!!!!!!!!

Please please help!!!!

Some such threats are empty, but one can never afford to assume that, and so they must be taken seriously. If he is having bouts of anger and making murderous threats towards you and the children, this is a significant risk, and you may need to consider leaving him and taking yourtself and the chioldren to a safe place with family or friends, getting a court order to prevent him from contacting you, and sending him the message that you will only contact him after he has received the treatment he needs and deswerves, to deal with his problems. Organizations like FAMSA and POWA can help and advise, too.

Posted by: vj | 2008-12-09

Thanks for the advice and info there lies a long and hard path ahead..

Kind Regards

Reply to vj
Posted by: Lin | 2008-12-09

You can never take the risk. Think of your kids. Something can just make him snap one day and then? Please persuade him to seek help. Call FAMSA for a branch near you.

Reply to Lin