Question
Posted by: Yvette | 2012/02/28

Border Collie

I have a border collie pup of nearly 9 months old. My question is when is it ok to start taking him for walks? He has a lot of energy and he has started digging holes in the garden. I read that one should not walk young dogs till they are about 1 year old.

Please advise

Dear Yvette

Like anything else too much exercise may lead to possible health problems. I think it is important that the dog gets socialized and exercised but in a controlled manner. Exercise frequently (walking) for short periods of time and most importantly know your dog’s limitations and do not exceed them.

Kind regards
Angus Campbell