Question
Posted by: Troubled | 2010-04-07

BORDER BULUMIC

HI there

I wouldn''t say that i''m a regular bulumic but probably once or twice a weekend i will eat cake or something high in fat or carbohydrate and feel so bad and guilty that i purge and then feel somewhat better afterwards. I try to eat very healthly during the week but when i have gone over my calorie consumption i feel like i have to get rid of the excess foods so that it won''t jepordise my weight loss. I was on tlc diet which is very low in calories and lost alot of weight and found i didn''t purge at all but the diet is too difficult to maintain and i have now started to eat 1600 calories per day. I weigh about 63kg now and was about 57Kg so I have put on and its not muscle I can feel its fat, and I spin and weight train about 3-4 times per week. I really want to stop purging but i feel like i can''t control it anymore after i eat something that i shouldn''t. Is this a problem and how can i stop myself from feeling so bad after eating something high in fat and just eating and not worrying about gaining weight. I am petrified of gaining weight again and have already gained some fat after finishing with tlc. can deff feel it in my clothes :( Is 1600 calories too much for me per day? Please help? Troubled

Dear Troubled
Yes this is a problem because you are purging when you feel 'guilty' about eating food. Before you know it, you will be a full-blown bulimic if you don't do something about this problem right now. If you are in Gauteng then it may help to contact Tara Hospital as they have an Eating Disorder clinic (phone (011) 783-2010. In Cape Town and environs you can contact the Kenilworth Clinic (021) 797-1400 and in KwaZulu Natal there is Riverview Manor (033) 701-1911, or contact them on: www.riverviewmanor.co.za
Go for expert help ASAP.
To answer your question about kilo-calorie intake: 1600 kcal is the amount specified for someone who is trying to lose weight, so it is very low.

2
Posted by: Troubled | 2010-04-08

Wow Tara sounds terrible, isn''t that for the insame people? I remember my grandmother on my moms side was in tara for not eating at all. Do you think it could be hereditory? she died eventually from old age and depression.

Do you think that I can get it under control on my own? i just find that with my IBS , my tummy gets really bloated and makes me look and feel like i''ve gained weight over night, also my body picks up weight extremly quickly. Do you think that i will just to have to accept being a bit bigger than normal? I really don''t want to go to Tara. :( Thanks

Reply to Troubled
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-04-08

Dear Troubled
Go for expert help ASAP.