Question
Posted by: Candi | 2008/09/16

Borbull vs bullmastive

Hi, I would like to know - which of these dogs are better with kids as I have heard that one of the too are really agro dogs but cannot remember which one and im worried as i have a baby in the house!
Pls advice
Thank-you

Dear Candi

If you have not had lots of experience with dogs, my advice would be to go for a very small dog that won't be a threat to your baby.

4
Posted by: Chill | 2008/09/16

Well, if a ' mastive'  comes into your yard, then obviously you' re very experienced. You can' t tell an entire breed' s characteristics from one individual.

If you want to know more about them, do some Googling, which may work better if you spell the breeds right: mastiff and boerboel.

Frankly, I don' t think there is much difference in terms of aggressiveness between a mastiff and a boerboel - but if there' s a little kid involved, should you not be focusing on what breed is absolutely totally 100% UNaggressive? Even if one of the two you' re considering is only one tiny minute microscopic bit aggressive, then that' s too much.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2008/09/16

Neither ! and if you are so experienced why pray tell are you asking ?

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Candi | 2008/09/16

I am very experienced in dogs!
I have worked with them loads and also have a bullmastive male on the farm, He does not belong to me though, but does come into my yard! And if i remember correctly it is the mastive that is the most aggressive!
Anyway, thanx for the advice!

Reply to Candi
Posted by: Mandi | 2008/09/16

Both these dogs (and any dog for that matter  including Labradors and poodles) can be aggressive if not socialized and trained properly.

Reply to Mandi