Question
Posted by: Curious | 2008/08/20

Booming wellness industry

I was wondering what your opinion on the booming wellness industry in SA is? Do you think it' s increased rapidly over the past 1-2 years? why do you think so?

hI Curious

Odd question...is this an assignment of sort that you have to do? I'm a bit loathe to launch into an "answer" for that kind of thing. The question is enormously complex, and there are lots of different ways of approaching it.

To steer you in the right direction, consider the following:

Economy - more people with disposable income, particularly in the 20 to 40 year old age group
Marketing - growth of number of messages people receive through the media
Increased awareness of disease and the impact made by exercise on disease risk
Linked to that, the role of the medical insurance industry in driving activity as a means to reduce financial burden of disease
Image consciousness
Educational drivers, such as personal training diplomas, university degrees etc. that have produced a large body of qualified people in the industry.

That should help put together an answer. If there are more specific questions, fire away, but this is honestly an essay answer....

Ross