Question
Posted by: Harties | 2010-09-08

Bood Glucose

My sister is a diabetic type 1 and both my grandmothers had diabetes type 2. I had a glucose tolerance test done (because I sometimes get low blood sugar) as well as a fasting insuline level. My fasting insuline level as normal 5,7 uIU/ml. My fasting bloodglucose was 5,2 mmol/L. After one hour it was 5,2 mmol/L and after two houers it was 5,1 mmol/l. I would like to know what this means. Why is the glucose curve a flat line and why doesn''''t it make a curve

Hallo Harties
I would repeat this if it was really necessary as I think it could be a lab mistake. But with normal fasting insulin and bloodsugar I really don't think it is necessary? If I were you I would just do yearly fasting screening tests unless you develop symptoms like thirst, losing weight and going to the toilet often.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-08

Hallo Harties