Posted by: Robyn | 2009-05-28

Bonuses Pls Advise!

Hi everyone, i been wondering i will be going on M/L on the 16th October. My company always pays us bonuses on the 15th of December every year as we closed until the 15th of January every year, now i been wondering but don'  t want to ask if when they pay bonus are they going to pay me as well. Im planning to come back when we reopen in January 15, has anyone experience this did you get paid your bonus though you on M/L?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You should receive your bonus like everyone else, the maternity leave should not stand in your way.

Some companies will not pay bonus when you are on M/L. Some pro-rato the bonus as you have not worked the entire year. A bonus is just that a bonus the company is not in anyway obligated to give anyone a bonus