Posted by: Bieps | 2009-01-06

I am a panel beater, and have not received any bonus in December, but only my normal salary for a month. I also received an additional holiday cheque from MIBCO.

Can my boss just not pay us bonus when he feels like it? The business was not doing badly for the year, but he bought himself and his wife new cars.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You probably fall under a Bargaining Council. It is suggested that you contact the local Bargaining Council in your Industry to demand the bonus.

Posted by: wondering.. | 2009-01-13

hi there,
from reading about bonuses i have a question, is it standard procedure for employees to receive a 13th cheque or is it really just by discretion of the bosses?

Reply to wondering..
Posted by: Me too | 2009-01-08

U must check the whole thing out with the motor union. The motor trade has in many respects it' s own set of rules + by-laws. Also check if there is any written undertaking on the part of the employer regarding the payment of bonuses. I worked in the parts side of the motor trade for almost 40yrs. + as far as i' m concerned it remains a miserable trade compared to other sectors of the economy.

Reply to Me too