Question
Posted by: Melinda | 2012-07-31

Bone spur

I think there is a bone spur forming on my right foot. Is there any danger in just leaving it? It''s not sore or anything, but it does squeeze in some shoes.

Expert ImagePodiatrist

A bone spur/ exostosis can only be confirmed on X-ray examination. It is not advisable to have the spur surgically removed but the condition is treatable using conservative modalities which can include correct shoewear, customnade orthotics, physiotherapy, biokinetic rehab etc. I would suggest that you avoid the shoes that aggravate the condition and consult with a podiatrist for an assessment and to prevent the condition from getting worse. For your nearest podiatrist contact www.podiatrist.co.za or 0861 100 249