Bone piece split

I got right hand third bone chipd and now in plaster.
What precautions to take
how long it will take to cure
what excercise I have to do after removal of plaster
any tips to make is back as normal
can I do Gymnsyam excercise
any external medicine I can take as supplimen tot heal fast
can I lift weights again
do it will pain in future ( in cold season )
This is my first bone injury and I am 50 years young - yuor advice appriciated

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

The best person to answer all your questions would be the surgeon who treated you- he would know how bad the bone chipped etc. 4-6 weeks is the usual healing time if you are in good health and follow a balanced diet with enough protein, vitamins and minerals. I'm sure you can go to gym and exercise your other bodyparts for the moment.

Posted by: CP | 2009-07-28

knee makes " squeak" "  sound when bending it, almost as if crumbles. What can it be, how serious and won' t exercise make it worse?

Reply to CP